St Michael's board of trustees has extensive experience in children’s social services, law, human resources, communications and the voluntary sector. Trustees share a profound commitment to St Michael’s Fellowship and unstinting dedicated to our work with families.
Meet our trustees
Loucia Kyprianou (Chair)
- Loucia became Chair of Trustees in May 2021.
- She is a solicitor who spent the majority of her career working as a specialist Local Authority child protection lawyer. She then moved into the field of professional regulation, providing advice on a national level.
Phillipa Owen (Deputy Chair)
- Philippa is a teacher, former school governor and youth club secretary. She has worked in Malawi, London schools, Holloway Prison and City of Westminster College. She has a special interest in Special Educational Needs. She teaches in the community with Dulwich Picture Gallery’s Education Department and is Chair of the Guild of Registered Tourist Guides.
Will Anderson (Hon Treasurer)
- Will, a chartered accountant, spent his career with major accounting firms then as a finance professional with major UK and European companies in London abroad. In the not for profit sector he has acted as director/treasurer for Cambridge House and L’Arche UK and as Chair of L’Arche Benevolent Trust.
- Richard works in the voluntary sector in the areas of fundraising and marketing. He has worked at Save the Children, Beatbullying and presently at Buttle UK, where he is responsible for income generation and the development of organisational strategy.
- Annie worked for Local Authority Housing Departments then the NHS where she managed primary and community health services in south east London. She has experience in multi agency work delivering services to children and young people excluded from mainstream services. She is now involved in these areas with local and national voluntary organisations.
- A senior social worker, Juline has worked for local authorities in leading roles for child protection, probation, leaving care, children's rights and safeguarding adult services.
Val Wass OBE
- Val is Emeritus Professor of Medical Education at Keele University. She worked in paediatric and adult nephrology, as a GP and in academic Primary Care.
- She represents the Royal College of General Practitioners at the world organisation for GPs (WONCA) and chairs the General Medical Council Advisory Board on Assessment.
- Val was awarded an OBE for services to Medical Education in 2015.
- Oretha is a qualified social worker with more than 25 years of experience in Children’s Service, having practiced in the UK and USA.
- She is the Principal Social Worker for a local authority, responsible for improving the quality of social work practice.