St Michael’s offers support to parents who have stayed at our residential family assessment centres regardless of their present situation. Securing Change is a project to ensure support is available once families leave. This is important because 121 support at this crucial time will help reduce the number of children in the care system. It also stops vulnerable parents who have had children taken into care from falling through the gaps between adult and children’s services.
What is it?
Securing Change offers support to families who have stayed at our residential family assessment centres – whatever their present situation.
- Practical support: We help with finding housing, helping with benefits and access to health services.
- Emotional support: We help parents deal with their feelings after the assessment.
- Going forward: We help guide and support new learning, providing access to resources for returning to the community.
Who is it for?
This service is offered to all parents who have spent time in our residential centres.
Why does this programme exist?
This programme exists to embed positive change and for practical and emotional support.
- We know that parents often need support after leaving residential centres.
- We provide a support network that can help make a difference.
- We want to help parents continue with the changes they started during their stay with us to help secure change.
When and where does this programme happen?
Securing Change is introduced to parents during their stay at St Michael’s as a service that is available when they leave. Parents may take up the offer as soon as they leave or sometime afterwards when they feel ready.
Securing Change is offered as 121 support, over the phone, face to face or through online services.
Residential Assessment Centres
Supporting families to keep children safe, healthy and happy
Supporting parents in the community after a residential assessment
Outreach Young Parent Support
Supporting mothers and fathers in South London
Jigsaw Contact Centre
A child-friendly contact service
Caring Dads is a group intervention programme aiming to help fathers, of any age, improve their relationship with their children.
Our meeting room, in the heart of Streatham, is available for hire at great rates.
To help us keep families together
Subscribe to our mailing list
Receive stories about our work
Sign-up for news
Jobs, new services and updates